Sparkle Girlz Clothes Review

The best thing to happen to Barbie recently isn't made by Mattel- it's Sparkle Girlz clothes, by Funville. They can be found at Walmart, generally $2 per outfit. They usually come with a purse and shoes that are unremarkable.

These outfits fit Barbie-sized dolls well. They are too large for Monster High sized dolls.



 Hmm, this is the first time I've noticed that the feet are sized in the opposite way- Barbie's feet are tiny!

At first, I was hesitant about these clothes. Many of them have a 2-dimensional design- very flat front and back. Mulan's skirt is extra shapeless in this picture, but I like the outfit for rock 'n roll potential. I wish the outfit on the right was in two parts for mix and match potential, but nope.


However, many outfits have more depth and design.


Several didn't interest me. Like Mattel, Sparkle Girlz thinks that single shoulder outfits are trendy. I can't figure out why. Seems like 80s to me. I also rejected some outfits where the top and bottom are sewn together, even though they would be so much better separate!


Some of the outfits are odd, but can make nice pieces for mix and match. I bought this center outfit below because of the great shorts. (Blair models this shorts with a swimsuit underneath on this post.) The bra-like top seemed a little strange, but might look nice somewhere else. Paired with the white shorts on left, it could be a cute underwear outfit. The far right doll (an actual Sparkle Girl) models another bra-like top, but adding a jacket created a more realistic outfit. She's also wearing the shorts from the first outfit, which became a versatile piece.
yay, new clothes!
Incidentally, the Sparkle girl is a nice doll. I'd recommend her as a cheaper alternative to Barbie if you don't care about articulation. Personally, I'm looking to re-body her.

Sparkle Girls outfits have a wide variety, from things moms wear to things teens wear.

 Check them out!


Comments

  1. I wonder if a lot of the two piece look but actually one piece items are that way for kids to get on easier. I recall al lot of Barbie clothes was hard for me to get on/off as a little kid.

    These are fun. Have you considered sewing doll clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have to remind myself that these are designed for kids... not for me! Less small parts and complications are better for kids. But it's nice how many details we still get to find anyway.
      No, I haven't sewed anything yet. GOALS.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Ken Bodies Comparison

Mimi Bobeck Review + Fat Dolls

Dollar Store Knock-Offs: Pippa and Alice Review