New Ken Bodies Comparison

Ken has a new bod!


It took me awhile to notice. On the shelf, it's not as dramatic a difference as Barbie's new bodies were. But there is more than you'd expect.

While Barbie got Curvy, Tall, and Petite (I only reviewed Curvy), Ken Fashionistas now come in Slim, Original, and Broad. Gentlemen, time to take off your clothes. 


At the moment I don't have an old Kens to compare... but does Original Ken look extra trim and built to you? I feel like this one should be called Muscle Ken. Even his biceps are huge! 


Slim Ken is quite slim. It gives him sort of an adolescent look, which makes his head seem a bit large? But that is less noticeable when wearing clothes. Broad Ken doesn't look fat at all- this is simply a good example of different body types. (So, sadly, there is no Dadbod Ken. Get a Drew Carey doll instead.) 


The next big question regards clothing sharing. This was a source of much distress for Barbie designers when they came out with the new line. I think with Ken, they decided to let those worries go... Slim Ken looks like those silly "after" pictures in weight loss ads (which, by the way, are always lies!) and Broad Ken can't get Slim's shorts over his thighs. 

No Brotherhood of the Traveling Pants.

Side note on this Original Ken's outfit: I didn't realize how awesome his shoes were when I bought them! Check out these spikes!


That's all on bodies, for now! Thank you, Mattel for continuing to diversify your line. Keep up the good work.


Dollcraft is now on Instagram! Follow me for lots of 1/6 scale fun. 
SaveSave

Comments

  1. Great read! This was fun to see all the differences. I wonder what the teenager male barbie doll (specifically, the one from the baby sitting Skipper line) looks like in comparison to these guys?

    As an aside, not sure if it is all Skipper dolls, but I noticed the female Skippers (or her friends? Wasn't quite sure) all had thicker and shorter necks than I am used to seeing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look for the that! The babysitter line is cute; I just have one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mimi Bobeck Review + Fat Dolls

Dollar Store Knock-Offs: Pippa and Alice Review